Monday, January 17, 2011

The Peace Symbol




The Peace Symbol

It was interesting to learn about history of the symbol. I am curious to know how many people have thought that this symbol is controversial. I have heard that this symbol associate with Satanism but I didn’t really believe it until I read this reading material. There are so many items, clothes, and fashion items, school supplies with peace symbol on it. What do they all represent? Should we just accept the symbol as happy and peace? It is interesting to know how this little symbol can represent good or evil. They are so opposite from each other. However, I am glad to know that once this symbol was adopted by CND its meaning was forever changed to protest in the service of humanity; anti war, ecology, civil rights, peace and freedom group.


No comments:

Post a Comment